The game reserve was built in 1833 on the site of the old cattle paddock to the west of the castle and stocked with red and fallow deer. A special feature of the wildlife park is the white fallow deer, which can still be admired today.
On the northern side of the game reserve, two stags made of cast metal and modeled by the sculptor Christian Daniel Rauch were installed on stone pillars to decorate the gate. Unfortunately, the figure attachments no longer exist today.
At the end of Putbus there is a parking lot and the access to the Jägerhütte, the oldest game specialty restaurant on the island of Rügen.